III. ASSESSMENT TYPES:
- Tests will cover each unit of material including video
- assignments, lab activities and classroom discussion.
- Partial credit may be awarded for solutions that are partially correct.
- Quizzes may or may not be announced
- Quizzes may contain questions and/or problems based on recently covered or previously learned material.
- Labs are performed in groups for data collection purposes only.
- Your lab report should NOT be the result of shared writing, copying, or cooperative effort.
- Your lab report should be done on your Assignments and Labs notebook.
CLASS WORK AND TASKS
- Class work an tasks will be graded on the basis of completeness.
- All work must be shown in order to obtain credit.
- It is OK to work in groups for class work and tasks.
- It is not OK to copy from a classmate.
- Use the wiki for class work and task discussions.
IV. OTHER POLICIES
- The school's policies will be strictly enforced.
- Students are responsible for making-up all missed work and arranging for missed quizzes and/or tests.
Things to bring to class every day:
- Tasks, Labs and Project notebook
- Mechanical pencil, eraser, ruler and graphing calculator
II. LEARNING PROGRESS
During this year, you will be learning concepts and skills related to
many topics in Physics.
For each Learning Goal, you will be able to keep track of your learning
process using this scoring table:
You will demonstrate your learning through a variety of assessments.
Tests and Final Project Products
These grades demonstrate your learning at the END of the Unit of study. As such there will be no changes in these assessments.
Class Notes, Tasks, Quizzes, Labs, Project
These grades demonstrate your learning progress and they will reflect the most recent learning. New information showing additional learning will replace old information.
There will be no changes in Formative Assessments after a trimester has concluded.